Monday, September 19, 2011

Blog 1: The Cave & I

Being introduced to the wonderful world of movies and shows at a very young age I began to believe in fairytale endings. With fairytale endings also known as happy endings, I started to believe that nothing could go wrong in any situation. From Disney Movies to Romance Movies, there was always a happy person or situation that has overcame a bad decision. My parents convinced me that true love, real love, fairy-tales existed, I never questioned to believed otherwise. My first relationship, at the age of 16; it was everything I ever dreamed of that a fairytale had concluded: “love at first sight”, “the first kiss”, and being appreciated above all with such high emotions drawn to this person until the obstacles and stumbles came along the fairytale path. No one ever explained to me, the bad decisions one could make in a relationship that’ll make believing in a fairytale ending lose hope and value.

6 months of a fairytale waiting to burst into a year, two years, three years, maybe a lifetime had been snatched away from me within a few minutes. Sitting down in the park, he says “I have something to tell you.” Sitting there, just wondering what the “surprise” could be, what could possibly go wrong? I confidently said to myself, nothing, and nothing at all. Well I was wrong; a bad decision had been led to my attention. “I cheated” “I had sex with another girl.” He said. I didn’t know how to react to the words that were computed through my ears and into my brain. So I sat there, just wondering if fairy-tales had these types of problems, felt this type of pain I was going through. Right then and there, I jumped out of my fairytale world and realized this was my reality. How could this happen? Weren’t I supposed to be happy forever? This doesn’t happen when a girl falls in love with a boy. What went wrong in the matter of 6 months? At the age of 16, dealing with all the painful emotions were enough to drive me into knowing any decision or situation can have its painful moments. Not every situation or decision involves in someone coming out happy in the end.

Being in a relationship wasn't my only fairy tale downfall. Every situation possible after had a domino affect, from family to friendships; all had failed me. My inability to transition from fairytale to reality was a blow to the person I was built up to be, an aggravated person I became. Figuring out and coming out of this cave I built up of being so happy and believing in nothing could go wrong had been shattered into pieces by someone else but I yet, walked out of.



No comments:

Post a Comment